BleachBit is an open-source and cross-platform system cleaner application for GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems. BleachBit version 1.8 is available for download now.
New features include a new option in the Preferences, called “Confirm before delete” and is designed to help users disable the confirmation message that appeared when deleting files, centering of the main window at startup, as well as the addition of support for cleaning Opera passwords.
A lot of other new features and bug fixes are implemented in version 1.8.
- In Preferences, there is a new option “Confirm before delete” that disables the confirmation (thanks to codesomniare).
- When BleachBit starts, the window is centered.
- The tool “Shred Settings and Quit” in the File menu is fixed.
- Added cleaning for Opera passwords (Linux support thanks to theatre-x).
- Shrink storage size of BleachBit icon.
- Add descriptions to many cleaners (thanks to theatre-x).
- Add a new command line option –debug-log that logs debug messages to a file.
- Replace hard-coded localizations cleaning system with CleanerML entries (thanks to tstenner).
- Whitelist /tmp/fsa for FSArchiver (reported by Max Miliaan).
- Suppress GTK+ warning in console (thanks to iliaselmatani).
You can download BleachBit 1.8 here.