2 Weeks ago Clonezilla Live 2.4.2-4 was released. This release was still experimental, now a stable version of Clonezilla live is released; version 2.4.2-10.
This release includes major enhancements and bug fixes.
Clonezilla live 2.4.2-10 includes Linux kernel 4.0.2-1, gdisk/sgdisk 1.0 and Syslinux 6.03. The init system is changed from sysvinit to systemd and the default union file system from AuFS is changed to OverlayFS (within the mainline Linux kernel).
Changes and enhancements
- The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2015/Jun/08).
- Linux kernel was updated to 4.0.2-1. The default union file system has been changed to overlay, therefore if you edit boot parameter manually, you have to use “union=overlay”.
- No more using “union=aufs”.
- Switched to use systemd instead of sysvinit. Following the way in upstream.
- Switched to use live-build/live-boot/live-config v4. All the boot parameters should remain the same. However, the boot parameter “components” introduced in live-boot v4 has to be added if you edit the boot parameters manually.
- Partclone was updated to 0.2.78.drbl1. A btrfs issue has been fixed, and an issue about imaging a partition >=16 TB was fixed. Thanks to Abdullayev Natiq (natiq2004 at yahoo com) for helping to solve it.
- Package drbl was updated to 2.15.14-drbl1, and clonezilla was updated to 3.16.10-drbl1.
Syslinux was updated to 6.03+dfsg-7.
- Language files en_US, ca_ES, de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, it_IT, ja_JP, and sk_SK were updated. Thanks to René Mérou, Michael Vinzenz, Juan Ramón Martínez, Jean-
- Francois Nifenecker, Gianfranco Gentili, Akira YOSHIYAMA, and Ondrej Dzivy Balucha.
- Language files for Hungarian were added. Thanks to Greg Marki (info.mlc at freemail hu) for providing the files.
- Program util-linux was updated to 2.26.2-6. Due to the option “-R” is removed from “sfdisk”, we now switch to use “blockdev –rereadpt”. Thanks to Ismael (razzziel at users sf net) for reporting this.
- AWS S3 and OpenStack Swift resource are added in the image repositories list.
Package gdisk was updated to 1.0.0-drbl1.
- Clonezilla live iso file is ready for uEFI booting for using dd command to put on USB flash drive.
- Adding a link file ocs-prep-home to prep-ocsroot.
- Adding a link file ocs-cvt-dev to cnvt-ocs-dev.
- A better mechanism to parse the PV was implemented. Thanks to Uditha De Silva.
- Program ocs-install-grub now could handle the grub boot loader on root partition instead of MBR.
- Package zbackup was added.
- Package tinc was added. Thanks to Michael Munger (michael at highpoweredhelp com) for suggesting this.
- Package cloudfuse was added.
- Package ifenslave, s3fs and ca-certificates were added in the packages list of Clonezilla live.
- Bug fixes
- Program ocs-onthefly failed to clone swap partition for GPT disk. Thanks to Uwe Dippel for reporting this issue. (https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/Open_discussion/thread/907b3c87).
- The error “Unable to find target partition” on uEFI machine when restoring an image was fixed. Newer gdisk/sgdisk (1.0.0) fixes this issue.
You can download Clonezilla live 2.4.2-10 here.