The second update of GNOME 3.16 is out with many bug fixes, documentation improvements, translations updates, and more.
- The GNOME Document Viewer has a nicer sidebar.
- Major performance improvements have been made to Photos and Music.
- Documents now shows different views for recent documents and collections.
- Smart playlists have been added to Music, so you can view frequently played and recently added tracks. It is now also possible to star your favorite tracks.
- Search has been added to the standard file chooser dialog.
- Problem reporting controls have been added to Settings.
- The initial setup assistant now includes a section on privacy controls. Privacy has also been improved for geolocation (thanks to the use of HTTPS) and the Terminal (as scrollback is now encrypted).
- In Contacts, maps are now shown for contact addresses. These provide a link through to Maps, where you can see the location in more detail.
- Automatic codecs installation, which has long been a GNOME feature, has been integrated into Software.
And, of course, 3.16 includes lots of important bug fixes.
If you want to compile GNOME 3.16.2 by yourself, you can use the jhbuild modulesets available here.