Kodi 15.1 is available for download now, a month after version 15 was released. The XBMC Foundation decided to release this version, because of some serious bugs Kodi users encountered.
Kodi (former XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software developed by the XBMC Foundation and is available for several platforms like Linux, Android, Windows, Mac OS X and Raspberry Pi.
“Once a ‘final’ version is released some new bugs and/or problems usually appear out of nowhere, and last release was no exception. Even though tens of thousands of users were already testing the 15.0 version before release, as soon as million started using it, some problems we either did not think of or which we did not notice popped up,” as stated by the Kodi developers.
• Flush renderbuffers when flushing video player
• Fix broken network.bandwidth setting
• Fix stuttering in PVR windows
• Fix holding lock while querying PVR backend
• Unsigned apps are not working on jailbroken iOS 5.1 devices
• Add installed languages to the list of possible stream languages
• Ensure that file descriptor for logfile is NULL’ed
• Fixes a crash when trying do delete a file in filemanager
• Reimplement Cocoa_GetVolumeNameFromMountPoint for OSX
• Update label color for sliderex controls
• CProgressJob: fix crash in DoModal
• Fix missing return in CGUIWindowPVRBase::OnBack
• FFmpeg: Bump to 2.6.4
• Handle startup splash as regular window
• Fix linkage for VTB framework for iOS < 6 – fixes VTB on iOS
• Fix broken native keyboard on iOS 5.1.1 devices
• Fix wrong navigation in SmartPlaylistEditor.xml
• Make some virtual filesystems available when no network is available yet
• Fix formatting on mysql queries that could cause crash on update
• Only set mouse wheel control spin and slider controls when they are actually focusses
• Respect view mode changes of EPG when controlling number of EPG updates
• Handle startup splash as regular window which prevent problems if PVR or masterlock is used as startup window
• Fix watched flag not displaying if item is also resume-able
• Remove some logging on exiting that could crash on exit in some cases
• Fix overlapping subtitles in some cases
You can download Kodi 15.1 Isengard here.