Laptop Mode Tools version 1.67 is released. With this power-saving package for Linux systems it’s possible to increase battery life of a laptop.
According to developer Ritesh Raj Sarraf this release has many important bug fixes and as you may notice it features some extensive power tweaks.
- Relax minimum window size to accommodate low res screens
- Fix variable name to comply with our “constants” assumptions
- Get more aggressive in power saving for Intel HD Audio
- Account Device Mapper devices
- Add swsusp freeze support
- Switch battery-level-polling default to True
- Detect ethernet carrier, early and reliably changes the boolean setting *_ACTIVATE_SATA_POWER to a customizable _SATA_POLICY, with backward-compatible defaults and documentation ( Thanks Yuir D’Elia)
Head over here for the download links.