Linus Torvalds just announced the release of Linux Kernel 4.0, as expected after the RC7 release, last week.
Linux 4.0 Kernel is labeled as a stable release & features a lot of improvements, for example:
- Linux 4.0 Kernel supports new ARM hardware & IBM z13.
- Logitech HID support is improved.
- Better support for Toshiba laptops.
- AMD Radeon drivers features AMDKFD for HSA support, DisplayPort audio support and better fan control support.
- Intel drivers are now supporting Intel Skylake and several DRM improvements.
- pNFS block server support.
- Btrfs RAID 5/6 improvements.
- New OverlayFS functionality.
As usual a lot of patches & bug-fixes are applied to the Linux 4.0 Kernel. You can read the anouncement from Linux Torvalds here.