Microsoft visual studio code is a free and powerful IDE (Integrated Development Environment) built by Microsoft for various platforms, including Linux.
Microsoft visual studio code provides support for numerous programming languages, and it can be used to build modern apps for web and cloud.
- Several updates to how we handle files, including file and folder filtering in the explorer, opening files via the command line at a specific line number, re-using an existing instance when you open multiple files, ability to control the size of the working files list.
- Improved editor options that include support for removing trailing whitespace, improved search patterns with include/exclude filters.
- Git enhancements, including an integrated credential prompt, multi-line commit message support and improved control over auto-fetch
- User-defined snippets support, and more built in snippets for common languages, i.e., Dockerfiles, Python, and Rust.
- Debugger enhancements including watch expressions, and improved Node.js breakpoint and source map support.
- Other Stuff: Proxy support, auto-update enabled for Mac and Windows, notable bug fixes.
You can download Microsoft Visual Studio Code 0.5.0 here.