Just a month after Beta 2 of VirtualBox 5.0 was released, Beta version 3 is available.
This release contains several improvements/bug fixes.
Changes since VirtualBox 5.0 Beta 2:
- VMM: XSAVE, AVX and AVX-2 are now exposed to the guest (bug #11347)
- VMM: fixed a Guru Meditation when rebooting certain guests (for example Solaris doing fast reboot) by fixing the implementation for INIT IPI)
- GUI: Encryption progress reflection (see here)
- GUI: Encryption errors handling (see here)
- GUI: Properly disable unavailable menu actions (see here)
- GUI: properly report errors when trying to save the VM settings instead instead of dead-locking (see here)
- API: allow to hotplug SATA optical devices (see here)
- VRDP: fixed listening for IPv6 on some systems (bug #14038)
- USB: fixed attaching of high speed USB devices if xHCI is not present (they always ended up on the OHCI controller)
- Audio: improved volume control
- Audio: fixed SB16 playback
- Drag and drop: Transfers can be canceled properly, bug fixes
- Guest Control: Major overhaul, for example fixing wrong parameter quoting (bug #13157)
- Shared Folders: fixed a crash when removing (in some cases also when creating) a shared folder when the VM is running (see here)
- OVA: fixed importing of appliances without attached hard disks (see here)
- Snapshots: fixed a bug in handling a saved state when taking an offline snapshot
- Snapshots: fixed a sporadic bug when restoring a snapshot which left unused diff images behind
- VirtualKD: re-added device which was omitted by accident (see here)
- Windows hosts: more hardening fixes (e.g. bugs #14051, #14052)
- Additions/X.Org: fixed guest-to-host mouse mapping for Solaris and Linux Mint/Ubuntu 12.04.0 guests.
- Additions/X.Org: fixed resizing problem in openSUSE 10.3 and guests of a similar generation (see here)
- documented the Guest Additions heartbeat service
You can download the binaries here.