The Wine development team has made development release 1.7.43 available to the public.
New in this release
- Improved support for Shell Browser windows.
- Some more API Sets libraries.
- Read/write operations support with built-in devices.
- Major Catalan translation update.
- Support for WoW64 mode on ARM64.
Bug fixes (total 26, mostly game related)
- WinBoard console window stops working after 32767 chars
- Legions Overdrive: crashes when starting a game
- Mini Racing Online: Cars are invisible
- Starcraft Campaign Editor shows Wine icon instead of map icon
- Battlefield Bad Company 2 audio doesn’t work in-game
- C&C – Red Alert 2 can not enter campaign when fullscreen
- JScript Date.parse doesn’t work
- AsystentCRM installer needs Shell folder object Folder::ParseName method implemented
- Finale/Finale Notepad 2012: Operations are painfully slow
- qq international 2.0 crashes with native riched20 and builtin ctf
- wineconsole truncates argument string in 256 bytes
- Mars: War Logs crashes at start
- Age of Mythology games with more than 2 players don’t work (interface bound sockets do not return the correct address in getsockname)
- Child of Light 1.0 Demo Steam exit after launch
- Evernote 5.5.x – Options window is too small and unresizeable
- Chessmaster 10/11: Absent chess piece lighting with Direct3D
- Open General crashes when exiting.
- Chessmaster X/XI dynamic lighting no longer present in wine-1.7.40 (regression)
- Voobly fails to connect to lobby (threaded app close socket in the middle of other thread select call)
- valgrind shows several uninitialized variables in dlls/winmm/tests/wave.c
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst demo (Myst Online: Uru Live) hangs with a black screen
- Tropico 2: rendering issues (pink rectangles)
- Strong Bad’s Cool Game: missing music and voices
- AsystentCRM installer needs Shell folder object FolderItem::Verbs method implemented
- Wings of Vi: Hangs when window is moved.
- PES2015 won’t connect to online services (GetIpAddrTable needs to fill wType parameter)
Binary packages for various distributions are available here.