The Wine development release 1.7.49 is now available for download, as announced by Alexandre Julliard (project leader for Wine). This release offers better video support, and various bug fixes.
Wine is a compatibility layer software application that aims to allow applications designed for Microsoft Windows to run on Linux systems.
New in this release:
- DirectWrite is now good enough for rendering text in Steam.
- A number of Direct2D improvements.
- Some more OpenMP functions.
- Support for namespaces in the IDL compiler.
- Various bug fixes.
- 8277 Windows Sysinternals Process Explorer and other tools show zero thread start address (NtQueryInformationThread with ThreadQuerySetWin32StartAddress info class)
- 17044 Microsoft OneNote 2007 “Insert Audio Recording” doesn’t work
- 20521 Nocturnal Illusion crashes
- 22206 Mig Alley Flight Simulator (1999) crashes due to unimplemented msvcirt.dll.?? 0ios@@IAE@XZ
- 23407 Death to Spies Moment of Truth: character bodies (player and NPCs) are invisible
- 26379 Multiple games crash on unimplemented function d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXComputeNormals (Gamestudio Venice, Nvidia hdr demo, Fritz 11, XCOM, Cities XL)
- 27145 Weapons Translucent Like Glass in FEAR 1 and 2.
- 28916 Spellforce 2 Gold – wrong drawing order of surfaces
- 31051 HttpQueryInfo() erroneously ignores lpdwIndex argument for some info levels
- 31374 Steam text invisible with dwrite.dll enabled
- 31640 hugin’s enfuse.exe crashes without native vcomp100.dll (purist)
- 32637 Some VST plugins that used to work with dssi-vst now fail
- 33165 Star Conflict crash at startup
- 33724 Aliwangwang needs unimplemented function atl100.dll.AtlAxCreateControlLicEx
- 36087 SpinTires crashes when applying settings in windowed mode
- 36915 Among the Sleep crashes when starting a new game (Oculusplugin.dll needs to be disabled)
- 37583 Trion’s Glyph MMO manager crashes on unimplemented function msvcr110.dll.?_GetConcurrency@details@Concurrency@@YAIXZ
- 38004 Multiple games crashes with unimplemented function x3daudio1_7.dll.X3DAudioInitialize
- 38197 Singles 2 crash at start
- 38262 Warframe Update Fails!
- 38508 Multiple applications need ‘HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\MachineGuid’ registry key present (Wizard 101 UK downloader)
- 38613 Multiple games (Witcher3 Wild Hunt, Schein, The Emptiness) need vcomp110.dll
- 38828 Cerbero PE Insider 1.0.2 crashes on unimplemented function dbghelp.dll.UnDecorateSymbolNameW when viewing export directory
- 38861 Carbon Poker crashes at startup
- 38935 CocosStudio1.6 (.NET 4.0 app) crashes when starting (needs ‘Win32_DesktopMonitor’ WMI class with ‘PixelsPerXLogicalInch’ property)
- 38947 Cities XL Platinum crashes while loading to the menu, needs vcomp.dll._vcomp_for_dynamic_init
- 38949 Free Falcon 5.x/6.x configuration editor segfaults on start (loader must take invalid IMAGE_LOAD_CONFIG_DIRECTORY values into account)
- 38989 ShowShifter (obsoleted A/V application) fails to start with built-in msvcp60
- 39008 Trion Worlds ‘Trove’ (Voxel MMO) crashes on startup (missing UTC timezone information)
- 39015 Steam crashes shortly after login when DirectWrite is enabled
- 39017 64-bit Lexmark X2670 All-in-One printer driver installation fails (missing pragma pack directive in ‘digitalv.h’ causes structure layout mismatch between ‘MCI_DGV_OPEN_PARMSW’ and ‘MCI_OPEN_PARMSW’)
You can download Wine development release 1.7.49 here.